Strawberries and pineapples are few of my go-to summer time favs. I eat’em as snacks, throw them in desserts, and top my morning yogurt with them. And, for the first time, I’ve created a summer drink out of them! Yes…I’m very excited, but that’s because I still crave carbonated drinks from time to time, and it’s nice to have a natural alternative to those store bought drinks loaded with tons of crazy ingredients like high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, and artificial sweeteners.
And guess what? This strawberry pineapple spritzer is sweetened by only the natural goodness of fresh fruit and a bit of raw honey…that’s it! Not to mention it’s double refreshing with the addition of mint. This isn’t something that we’d drink on a daily basis, but it sure is a nice treat for picnics, a BBQ and other summer gatherings. Enjoy!
- 1 pineapple, rind removed and flesh cubed into large pieces
- 16 oz. or 24 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 8 sprigs of fresh mint leaves, about a generous handful
- Cold sodium-free seltzer water
- Add pineapple, strawberries and honey to a food processor or high-powered blender; puree until completely smooth. (*See Note)
- Add mint to the bottom of the; muddle until leaves have darkened and have released their liquid.(*See note)
- Pour puree into the pitcher, making sure the mint is stirred in well. At this point you can either refrigerate the puree and let the mint flavor develop more, or you can serve immediately.
- When serving, remove mint from pitcher, pour puree into individual glasses, and top with seltzer water to taste. Stir slightly to mix.
**If you don't have a muddler, try using a kitchen utensil with a flat bottom, such as the bottom of a wooden spoon.