NGNG is one year old!! Well..not officially until Friday, but just like I have a self-established “birthday week”, I’m gonna have a “Blogiversary Week”. Hey!…Why not? Most celebrations are too short anyway! And making it to the one year mark is a big deal to any blogger; especially since navigating the waters of the blogosphere can be tremendously fierce and challenging. Challenges, aside, this has been one fabulous year, and if you’re a newsletter subscriber, I’ve already let you in on some exciting changes coming to the blog this year. But on top of that, so many awesomely unexpected things have happened.
Well since you asked…if I had to name my top 5 highlights…
- This blog has been more than just a food blog to me, but has served as a tool to finally realizing that healthy lifestyle I’ve been chasing foreeeever. I’ve still got progress to make, but I’m 30 pounds lighter and much more healthy and fit than I’ve been in a loooong time. And if you’ve been around here for awhile, you know that this blog started as a catalyst for creating a healthier lifestyle for myself. So…the mission is being accomplished!
- Readers actually started to cook and try the recipes!! I cannot tell you how amazing it feels to share my version of healthy food, and have it work well for someone else too. So basically, we’re getting healthy together!
- I’ve met and formed friendships with some inspiring and talented bloggers. I had no idea the strength, support and knowledge that I’d ultimately gain from these women.
- I remember the heart pounding excitement I felt the first time someone was interested in featuring one of my recipes. 2 months after the blog launched, Buzzfeed featured these energy bars on their site.
- Just last week, I was featured on Yahoo Food as their Blogger of the Week. “Excited” doesn’t quite describe it, but I can tell you that I was incredibly honored.
As for you, sticking around and coming back week after week…what can I say?…
So in celebration of an incredible year, I’m giving away a Nutri Ninja with Auto-IQ. Whoo hoo! Spring is just a few weeks away, and I figured incorporating some smoothies into your daily routine will help boost your nutrient intake and get it right and tight for all those cute summer clothes. If you read my Ninja Kitchen review, you’ve already heard me rave about the Auto-IQ technology on these systems, so the winner is in for a treat. So what are you waiting for? Go enter! Good luck!
This delicious smoothie is from the inspiration guide that comes with the Nutri Ninja.
Winner: Congratulations Caitlin Kossmann!!
*Ninja Kitchen did not sponsor this giveaway. All opinions, sweepstake rules, and decisions are my own.
- ½ ripe banana
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut milk (the carton variety, not canned)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1½ frozen blueberries
- Place all ingredients into a blender; blend until smooth.