Aww yeah…It’s party time!!
It’s that time of year when you’ve got party invitations and festivities coming out the wazoo! Some may find the Holiday season daunting and exhausting…I don’t know who these people are, but I’m pretty sure they exist. On the other spectrum, you’ve got people like me who consider the Holiday season to be THE highlight of the year. We’ve got Thanksgiving…the only day when gluttony becomes somewhat socially acceptable, and the whole of the United States seemingly morphs into one thankful judgment free zone…at least until the doors open for Black Friday. Then there’s Christmas, which I’m fairly certain many folks have completely disassociated with the actual birth of Jesus Christ, but hey, who has time to dwell on the downward spiral of old traditions when there’s gifts to be opened, parties to be attended, and cinnamon laden sweets to eaten? Kidding…kinda kidding. And finally, there’s the one night on the last day of the year when self awareness reaches alarming levels, followed by an onslaught of ambitious, and many times, improbable, New Year’s resolutions.
Even in all its absurdity, the Holiday season will always be my favorite time of year. I get to see family I haven’t seen in ages, spend some quality time with friends I’ve been neglecting (sorry friends…you know I love you ;)) and attend some awesome parties.
About those parties…They’re great right? Fun people, good food, tasty cocktails; what’s not to love? But with an abundance of good wine and drinks like this Apple Cider Holiday Cocktail, some people tend to have a little too much fun if you know what I mean. Of course we all wanna let loose and fun at a party…I mean Hello! That’s what they’re for. But maybe just take a few precautions while you’re enjoying your delicious Holiday cocktails to make sure you end up on next year’s guest list.
Get Invited Back to Next Year’s Party
- Eat Before the Booze Start Flowing: Doesn’t everyone know this already? But seriously, stop worrying about that non-existent belly pooch, pick up more than a grape, and feed your face! Your belly and host will thank you later
- Tipsy is okay…Tippin’ is Not: Yes, that kind of tippin’…as in tripping and falling over everyone and everything. At this point, your friends should probably put you out of your misery and quietly escort you out of the party. But before that can even happen, slow your roll a little. Chances are, there’s plenty to go around, so relax and sip it, don’t chug it!
- Leave the Mixing to the Bartenders: Tempted to try just a little bit of everything? DON’T. DO IT. I promise…nothing good can come from mixing alcohols. Besides, after you taste this Apple Cider Cocktail you won’t want to try drink anything else anyway
- Embrace the Little White Lie: It’s true…people will hassle you for “baby sitting” a drink. So a little “creativity” with your answers might make things a heck of a lot easier. Just tell ‘em you’re getting over a stomach bug. End of story.
- 4 oz. Unpasteurized Apple Cider
- 2 oz. Hennessy or another type of Brandy
- 1 oz. Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 oz. Lime Juice
- dash Ground Cinnamon
- Place the first four ingredients in a cocktail shaker or jar with a lid.
- Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds.
- Pour into two cocktail glasses, garnish with a dash of cinnamon and enjoy!